Are you a dedicated giver to communities? Do you believe in unlocking the potential of youth to change lives and make the world a better place? Then look no further and sign up today to support us on our Mission of Uplifting Women and Marginalised groups in Rural and Semi-Urban communities of Uganda.
At WDF, we do not look at educational qualifications per se, but prior experience is needed to become a part of our Board. You are required to have 3+ years of experience from any field wherein you have displayed leadership and networking skills. You may also send in a document detailing these previous engagements of you on a similar role.
● You will collaborate with the Board members to jointly supervise the management and administration of WDF and its activities. As part of the Board, you will be responsible to guide and establish broad policies and strategic objectives at WDF.
● As a Board member, you will be accountable to the management and the stakeholders at WDF.
● You will be involved strongly with financial matters, funding, fundraising and proposal grants, advertising, promotion and marketing of our initiatives. You will be responsible for approving budgets, grants and funding and setting the compensation (if any) of salaried members.
● You will play a very important role in making sure that the fundraising campaigns and program implementations are run in the interests of the projects or causes at hand in order to create meaningful impact in communities (beneficiaries of our programs).
● Maintain confidentiality of all work unless authorized otherwise.
● Help build a good corporate culture.
Each Board member of our organization affirms the expectations outlined here and strives to perform accordingly. We treat all Board members the same when it comes to these expectations. These expectations are clearly articulated during the recruitment process. We accept the candidate as a nominee or appointee only after s/he has agreed to fulfill these expectations. And, by accepting nomination or appointment, the individual confirms that this board service is one of his / her top volunteer and giving commitments.
PLEASE NOTE: We are an equal Opportunity entity that offers volunteer opportunities to both National and International university and high school students from all around the world. We offer an opportunity to make a difference in the allocated local community that will help the volunteer in discovering the unique Ugandan culture, making new friends and having a rewarding experience. All Applications Must be submitted through the above Links and NO third Party should be Involved apart from our Secretariat through contacting you via our Email. In case of any damages from other sources, WDF is NOT held responsible for that cause.