Are you a dedicated giver to communities? Do you believe in unlocking the potential of Youth and Women to transform Communities and make the world a better place?. Wilmat Development Foundation seeks to recruit dedicated Country Coordinators who are passionate and committed strong leaders to support our current programs. We do not look at educational qualifications as a prerequisite, but prior experience is needed to become a part of our Board.
You are required to have 2+ years of experience from any field where you have displayed Leadership, Teamwork, Fundraising, and Networking skills. Ensure you take time to evaluate yourself first, and decide to take on the challenge by submitting all the Required Documents as ONE PDF format at once for you to be considered for this role. It is open to all countries, though priority shall be given to countries outside East African region and Africa at large, though you can submit your request.
Country Coordinators Specific Performance Expectations:
Under the Supervision of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors/Trustees, the Country Coordinators will undertake but not limited to the following activities:
- Represent and be an Ambassador for WDF in your country or region of residence;
- Participate in the Bi-Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Extra-Ordinary WDF strategic Planning Meetings;
- Make connections with relevant Agencies, Donor Agencies, Civil Society Organizations, NGOs, Churches, Philanthropists, Universities, individuals and any other relevant professionals and development organizations in your country or region;
- Publicize WDF in your country or region and encourage more young people to sign up as Interns and Volunteers in our community-based projects for sustainable development;
- Provide updates on activities related to sustainable community-based development ventures in your region and communicate these activities to the WDF Executive Team for reference and reflection.
- Engage in laying strategic plans for Resource mobilization in favor of the WDF activities and call to action, along with the set up for WDF Local Working Group in your country.
- Formulate in-country WDF Club (or University WDF Club) and recruit members (at least 30 members per club).
- Motivate the WDF Local Working Group in your country or region to get involved in the WDF Urgent Call to action;
- Actively work on the local plan and management of activities by forming a country WDF Local Working Group which consists of active and passionate young people.
- Implement activities to address the declining interest in Sustainable Development and African Community engagements among the country WDF Local Working Group;
- Work to make the voice and impact of WDF heard within your own institution and community/Country;
- Strive to bring Youth, Women, Elderly and Children’s issues to the forefront in the broader strategic planning and decision-making discussions.
- Conduct needs assessments and recruitment of interested Volunteers and Interns for in-country project sustainability.
- Work with other volunteers to sustain and grow programs and service.
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners and other key sponsors, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships.
- Be flexible to undertake additional tasks, from time to time, in order to enhance the overall performance of the Programs and initiatives in general.
What is Required of you before you Apply:
The following will be considered prior to contacting you for online Interview upon being selected to proceed to another stage of recruitment:
- Leadership experience, including direct supervision and project management,
- Team development experience,
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills,
- Substantial international experience in a related capacity,
- Native language and English fluency,
- Volunteer experience is an added advantage,
- Current student at University or College can also apply.
- Basic academic or practical development experience,
- Preference also goes to our previous WDF volunteers, Interns and graduate students.
- Everyone across the Globe (apart from those in Uganda) are encouraged to Apply.
As you begin your Application, please have the following information ready for submission:
- Leadership Experiences and Extracurricular Activities.
- Cover Letter,
- Updated Resume,
- Contact Information for 3 references: i.e, Professional, character, and leadership (someone that you have lead or worked under).
Procedure of Submitting Your Application Request:
Address it to:
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
WILMAT DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
PORT BELL ROAD, MIRAGE PLAZA
P.O.BOX 6982, KAMPALA (U)
Subject: RE: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR COUNTRY COORDINATOR – (Insert your Country Name)
NOTE: Ensure to attach the required documents as ONE PDF doc and NOT separated Docs. MS Word Docs are not supported due to high risk of virus electronic transmission to our servers.
For any other Inquiries, feel free to write to us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any challenges in submission.
NOTE: Wilmat Development Foundation is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly women, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.